Good news that Malaysia passport application for an infant or baby below 2 y.o. is directed to a special counter (for golden citizens/infants/handicapped as well). The service is almost immediate unless there are many special applicants at the same time.
Requirements check list:
1. Filled application form – Download version works too. The form should be printed on both sides using white A4 size paper.
2. Baby birth certificate – original & 1 copy
3. Parent’s (that accompany) MyKad (or ID) – original & 1 copy (front & back on same page).
4. 2 copies of a recent photograph with light blue background (3.5 X 5 cm). Do not glue on form. Sample baby photo here.
5. RM150 (for 5 years) – Cash/Postal Order or Crossed Bank Draft
What parents need to do?
- Best to call the nearest immigration office first to check out the application/working hours. Phone by branches/state here.
- Parent must be present with the infant/baby at immigration office with above check-list all perfectly done.
- Get a number for your queue. At the same time, the officer will help to verify the check list – 5 mins unless there is a beeline.
- Submit application form with baby’s presence – 5 mins
- Make payment - 5 mins
- Collect within same day (3-6 hours later)/latest within 3 months – baby does not need to present, but bring along birth cert and receipt.